Tuesday 12 October 2010

iFLOW Craft Fayre at Naseby Village Hall, Northants

Barefoot Book storytelling (NYC)

I wanted to share something very exciting.  iFLOW Craft Fayre is this Saturday 16th October 10.00 - 4.00. Who the fluff are iFLOW?  They are Northamptonshire's group of homeschooling/unschooling families and are raising funds for sports tutors and resources.

I am going to be involved too, which is why I am so excited.  I know, yes, why is a primary school teacher interested in unschooling?  Things are a changing, and I love that children (and parents) are able to learn through their own interests and real-life experiences outside of the classroom.  I see parallels with the age group that I teach (early years/reception) and that the child's interests come first.  I love the idea that you do not need to be confined to learning between 9.00 and 3.00 with an hours homework, but learning is taking place through participating in a natural, well paced way.

Please click the links below to see what unschooling is about through these great blogs

Polly at PixieMama also has dreads, is an artist and unschools her three children in the UK
Tara at TheOrganicSister living on the road in the US, unschooling and unjobbing and interviewed by Polly this week.
Heather at SwissArmy Wife artist and gluten-free cupcake creator in the US
Sara at walkslowlylivewildly also sells Barefoot Books but in the States and loves hooping
iFLOW
Christine at welcometomybrain owns Hill Shade RV park in Texas and homeschools her five children and plays a wicked game of WordswithFriends!

I can't wait to meet up with everyone this weekend and share some stories and help raise some funds for this great group. 

I would love to see you there. x


1 comment:

  1. I typically LOSE a wicked game of WordswithFriends?!? :)

    ReplyDelete