Friday 19 April 2013

Lurcher Dogs Oil Painting

It's been a while since I got the oils out and am I glad I decided to go to my studio space. Yes its a shed, it can get messy in there, I can leave work out to dry and play my music.

I love the way oils work, smell and look. I love the deep old fashioned colours.

We rescued our lurchers last year and I haven't painted them properly yet. They move so elegantly, like racehorses or ballet dancers. I do take loads of photos them, so I trawled through the IG feed and found these two images.

I quickly sketched out the shapes yesterday and today I worked in the colours, whilst listening to Joanna Newsom and Kate Rusby.

Firstly, I quickly got the background in. Then I laid in blocks of colour and toned these. Finally, I ended up getting my fingers in the paint.

I am taking orders for commissions, so please message me if you are interested on lisaigo@ntlworld.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment